The essentials of being a girl.

The essentials of being a girl.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Shalalie Shalala



The Eurovision Song Contest. Or, in other words, the East-Europian And Rich Countries Song Contest. We aren't East Europian nor very rich, so we haven't been very succesfully during the last decade. In 1998 we were third runner-up with Edsilia Rombley and 'Hemel & Aarde' and one year later countries were allowed to sing in english. Bu-bye Holland. We haven't reached the final ever since. But this year, Pierre Cartner - you know him. The Smurfs. Watercrane. Keyhole - wrote a Dutch song about eating ice cream in Paris, a beach in Lisbon, an airplane to Oslo, a café in Trinidad and a terrace in Berlin with a catchy chorus: shalalie shalala. Nobody likes it, but he thinks it will be a winning song. And that winning song is performed by Sieneke, a 18 year old hairdresser that doesn't speak english. She tries though. She thinks her song 'does not go out your head'. May I introduce you to our hot mess: Ik ben verliefd (shalalie)




Yeah, girl's a winner. I prefer the english version:

Good luck girl.

2 comments:

  1. You've such a nice blog! I just discovered it and I really like your style of writing! Love the sarcasm. :) (I'll stop here 'cause my English isn't as great as yours. :P) Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ow, nina, i commented here allready in dutch, because i found it easier ;) I hate that song, this whole day i'm singing 'sjalalie sjalala' Aaaaarg, it's driving me crazy!! Give me our Tom Dice, much better!

    x Floor

    ReplyDelete